Up on the catwalk Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
Bonjour
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
Bonjour a tous!

je m'appelle Hjalmar, j'ai 38 ans. La première fois que j'ai vu Simple Minds etait en 1985 (Ahoy, Rotterdam 3-12-1985).

The recordings of that particular concert in Rotterdam are great, but actually the sound in the venue itself was terrible! I stood in front of Jim Kerr (ten meters or so) and his voice was totally distorted and the music was way too loud (I was deaf for two days). Probably the sound was much better at the back of the hall, I don't know.

Later on I saw Simple Minds again in 1986 (Amsterdam, 10-6-86), a couple of times in 89, 91 and one time in 1995.

My favorite SM-period is 1978-1984. To me Simple Minds were in those days a BAND, with five distinctive characters and not just Jim and Charlie with some other backing musicians.

Worst SM-song: Travelling Man ( I still don't know why in heaven's name they released that Waterfront-rip off)
Best SM-song: a lot, but Seeing out the Angels still blows me away.
Favorite SM-bandmember: Derek Forbes! Great bassplayer (Themes for great cities, Premonition, Room (live) et cetera)

Message Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
Welcome home !!!

Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
Hi there Hjalmar,
                     Welcome to the fan site! I couldn't agree more about the band thing. I am a huge Derek Forbes fan also but i do think Eddie Duffy is the best since the great man himself. Simple Minds are not really a band now, more a Jim/Charlie duo project, and that's fine! Most of the early albums were really full of great riffs from Derek and Mick (They own "New Gold Dream ....") so without them the music would obviously change. I think "Good News ...." is a really good guitar album and "Real Life" suffers from trying to sound like Mick never left! I honestly don't think Derek and Mick will join them again. They have left us with brilliant records of that period and the live recordings we have got through the years. I hope some will see to being officially released in the future (Like "Silver Box").
 Anyway take care and WELCOME! Okay
                                              cdmackgreen

Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
bienvenu !!!

best preiod 1979-1984...  exactly !!!!!!!!!

and Forbes !! oh my god  !!!   the best new wave bassplayer !!!!!!! I try to play like him,  the sons and facination basslines  are difficults  with a unique style ...

Jim Morrison
Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
Hi
Welcome on this excellent forum

Sm is best band in the world

Message Bonjour 
Hello Hjalmar!

Welcome here!!!

Séb

Répondre en citant
Message Bonjour 
Bienvenue à toi Hjalmar !

Un rendez-vous : 13 juin 2008 20h45... Wink

Message Bonjour 

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation