Up on the catwalk Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
reunion
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi everyone:

look what I've found on simpleminds.com... Interesting...
Hjalmar

The original members of Simple Minds are due to work together for the first time in 27 years when they enter a recording studio in the middle of June '08. In an event that many never thought would happen again, Brian McGee, Derek Forbes, Mick McNeil, Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, have set their aim on producing at least two new tracks that could be released later this year. Regarded by both Jim and Charlie as a 'nice experiment', particularly as it falls within their 30 year anniversary, the week-long reformation is being viewed as one of many 'let's see what happens' ideas that they look forward to working on over the course of the next year.

Jim Kerr said 'Of course I am excited with the prospect of working with the original line - up once more. I had always believed that the day would come when we would get the opportunity to do so. The last time we worked together was on our Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call album, featuring songs like The American, Themes for Great Cities, Love Song etc, and it is still considered by many as among our best ever work. We have a lot to live up to, but we intend to have some fun attempting to do just that.'

Dernière édition par Jorn Enklaar le Ven 30 Mai - 12:39 (2008); édité 1 fois
Message Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Qui vivra verra (who will live will see!)

Séb

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Amazing!! I never thought that would happen. Good luck to them all and i hope some brilliant music comes out of it! Laughing
                                                                                                                                                                All the best,
                                                                                                                                                                             Col Cool

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
i'm waiting for that

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Well: it looks like it didn't work out between Jim/Charlie versus Mick, Derek and Brian... shame.
A message on Macneil's myspace:

Mick MacNeil, Derek Forbes and Brian McGee, 3 of the original Simple Minds line up, would like to take this opportunity to thank their loyal fans for the overwhelming support shown to them since it was announced that there was to be a reunion of the former band members.Regrettably, the lead singer,Jim Kerr, is unable to participate in the reunion.However ,inspired by the encouragement of their fans, Mick, Derek and Brian have written and produced new material reminiscent of Sons & Fascination.

Having thoroughly enjoyed working together again, they hope their fans will be equally delighted with the new tracks.

Thank you for your continued support!
Mick MacNeil

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi there folks!
                 I was just wandering what you all think of the so called "Reunion" not happening and the fact that 3 of the original line up are performing (Derek, Mick and Brian) in Glasgow the same day as the "Minds" are at the SECC?
 My own view is one of sadness that for one of their best albums that two major contributors (Derek and Mick) will not be at the SECC under the guise of Simple Minds but shall be performing at a small club under the name of "Sons Of Dan". They obviously don't all get on now but the "simple mind" that i am thinks there is something odd in 3/5ths of the line up will be in a small club and the other 2/5ths at the SECC. By the way i am not trying to disrespect any member of the band past or present, honestly!
 Would just love to know what other fans of the band are really thinking!
                                                                                                All the best,
                                                                                                               Col Rolling Eyes

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
I think it's absolutely pathetic!!!

All this marketing strategy about the 30th anniversary of th band is an enormous joke!!!

It's been such a while since I've listened to SM music... It seems like they definitly belong to the past for me...

Séb

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi there Seb!
                Everything all right? You sound really pissed off! Have you gone off the band completely?
                                                                                                                                            Concerned Colin

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Unfortunately, SM = past to me...

I absolutely can't understand why the Celebration forthcoming tour will only run in UK - why not in Belgium, in France, in Italia, in Germany??? There were times (in Glasgow '95) when Jim was very proud to enumerate with some pretention all the countries they performed in!!!

I have the impression that SM have no soul anymore and don't really care of hardcore fans who have supported them for years...

So many promised things... So many things that have never surfaced, such as a real live DVD for example...

However, I will strongly wait for the forthcoming venues, hoping that the bootlegs will reactivate the flame into my heart... If not, I think SM will be definitly over for me...

Séb

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi there Seb!
                I would have to agree with your sentiments. They should do some European dates as without the support of Europe for so many years they would not have lasted till now. Also i have been like you disappointed in what was promised on the website and never appeared. They say all these wonderful things and sell you some live stuff then disappear. Not good enough!
 Another band i like is "Echo And The Bunnymen" and they have done some live albums and in concert DVDs and like the "Minds" they are not big sellers any more but still manage to put this stuff out for their fans.
 To be really honest for such a good live band they have poorly and i mean poorly represented themselves on record through the years. "U2" have done a wonderful job with in concert videos and DVDs through the years, all we have is the craptastic "Live In The City Of Light" (Should really be called "Dubbed In Auld Reekie") and the video "Verona". Pretty crap for a 30 year career. If it wasn't for the tape traders in the 80's and then your good self and Mike in recent years we wouldn't get to hear the good live stuff. After all that is what us true fans want and we seem to be on a quest for the perfect recording of a brilliant concert!
 Correct me if i'm wrong but the biggest loss to Simple Minds is not Derek leaving or Mick leaving or any other former member of the band but the man himself Bruce Findlay. Their fortunes have never been the same since he left, well that's what i think anyway.
 I do feel myself that the "Simple Minds Dream" is over and their best years have gone (artistically and commercially) but thank goodness for the live stuff that has been posted on this site and Mike's as well. If your fan site goes Seb their will be a big gaping hole in the Minds network, believe me!
 Take a break from the site for a while and don't listen to them for a couple of months and see how you feel then about things. It can get too much to listen to the same artists time after time. Get the new "Metallica" album and vent some of your anger out that way!
  Take care Seb and if you want to talk more you can send me some PMs anytime.
                                                                                                                   Very best wishes to you and your family,
                                                                                                                                                                           Colin

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Thanks for your words, Col...

This site won't shut down... Anyone could feel free to improve its content... I guess there will be more activity in autumn during the Celebration Tour. I am currently in a "stand-by" era concerning SM - that's a fact.

I am so disappointed by the unrespect of the band for their fans - such a pity! I've spent hours and hours to share music and in a certain way to maintain interest for SM music. but now it's over. I have my family, my job... SM are not a priority anymore... I know that a lot of fans are thinking the same way - too many visibleminds.fr forum members from the start are never connected now...

Anymay, let it roll and let's see what will go on in autumn!!!

Séb

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi there Seb!
                All good things come to an end! Yeah family is much more important than any music, that's for sure. There isn't much on the net about the "Minds" now and without that support , well i don't know what will happen! We will see what happens in the future with the band and just hope they can make a really good album.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Take care,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Col

Répondre en citant
Message reunion 
Hi Seb,

I think Col has given you indeed an excellent advice: lock away all those Simple Minds cd's and live recordings, listen to the other great bands that are around (Arcade Fire, The Shins, Editors eeeh U2 Confused ) and when the disappointment has faded well who knows. And thanks for this wonderful site! By the way, aside from all the negavite SM-stuff that's happening: there's one good thing about Jim Kerr nowadays: I think he keeps a good diary on simpleminds.com. To me that's a glimmer of hope. 

Greetings
Hjalmar 

Message reunion 

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation